First Home Buyer Conveyancing

Whether you’re looking to buy your first property, or you’ve been in the property market for some time and want to transfer ownership of your existing property, you need the services of an experienced and efficient conveyancer. A property conveyancer can take care of all the legal work involved in transferring the title of your property, including conducting legal searches Haitch Convey, drafting contracts, arranging for property inspections and ensuring all the necessary legal requirements are met.

Are all conveyancers the same?

The process of buying your first home can be overwhelming and confusing. The rules and regulations are constantly changing, and you don’t want to end up being gazumped or overpaying for your dream property. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening.

Knowing the average house price in the suburb you’re considering can help you determine if you’re being underquoted. This will also give you a better idea of what you can afford, and allow you to negotiate more effectively with the seller.

Stamp duty is a state tax that is payable when you purchase an established property or vacant land. Generally, first home buyers are exempt from paying stamp duty when purchasing an established property valued at less than $600,000. First-home buyers who purchase brand new properties or off-the-plan properties are also eligible for a first home owners grant (FHOG) worth up to $10,000. However, you must intend to occupy the property as your principle place of residence in order to be eligible for this grant.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *